Free School Meals
For information regarding Free School Meals please see details below:
Applying for FSM via Citizen Portal
In order to apply for Free School Meals, you can find below a link which directs you to a website called the Citizen’s Portal – Here you can complete and submit a Free School Meal application for your child(ren).
You must provide the following information to complete this process:
- Date of Birth
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seeker Support [NASS] number
This will give you an immediate result advising if your child is eligible or ineligible for Free School Meals. If your child is not eligible you do not need to re-apply as our team will check regularly against the DWP’s records to see if changes are made to your benefits which would then make your child eligible.
For information about the eligibility criteria, please visit our Free School Meals information page: https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/schools-learning-and-childcare/help-school-and-learning-costs/apply-free-school-meals
How to apply online:
Please find below instructions on how to complete the process:
- Visit the Citizen’s Portal website: https://www.newcastlelea.org/CitizenPortal_LIVE/en
- Select to register and complete the page with your own information as the child’s parent/guardian.
- Within the account, create a profile for each child.
- Under “Apply for Free School Meals” section, please select “Begin a New application”.
- Complete the application with the appropriate information and be sure include child in application.
- On Final page, tick agreement to Terms and Conditions and submit the application.
Please note: If you already have a Citizen’s Portal account, registration is not necessary.