Homework is a key part of making learners more proactive and self-sufficient in assessing and controlling their own learning. It is intended to increase learners’ autonomy and organisational skills.
Parents and carers can play a key part in homework.
Frequency of homework
- KS2 English, Mathematics and spelling every week
- KS3 English and Mathematics every week, spelling where appropriate
In addition to the above KS2/KS3 will receive project-based homework from non-core subject areas on a half termly basis and should be completed by the end of each half term.
Tips for Parents
- Keep a designated homework area at home.
- Help keep a routine for your child when they come to do homework.
- Praise and encourage your child to help boost their confidence.
- Refrain from completing your child’s homework for them.
- Use the after-school homework club
- Don't get stressed out by homework - if you are, your child will be too.
- If you have any worries please contact us.
In the useful links area there are websites which may be useful in engaging your child in learning at home.